Sunday, January 15, 2006

My First Blog

My name is Gilles, from Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada. Home of the Temple Gardens Mineral Spa http://www.templegardens.sk.ca/ . I am a Career and Job Search coach and a Vocational Rehabilitation Consultant. I am president and CEO of JobNet Employment Inc.
You can check out my web site (which unfortunately is currently under construction) at www.jobnetworking.ca.

I started working in the field of Employment and Career counselling with the Canada Employment and Immigration Centre (CEIC) in 1985, (which became the Canada Employment Centre (CEC), which became Human Resource Development Canada (HRDC) and is now Human Resource Services Development Canada (HRSDC or something like that)). Then in 1998, I was transfered to the provincial government, where I worked for the Can/Sask Career and Employment Services as a Career Consultant until December 22nd of 2001, when I left there to become a self-employed consultant.

Why have I decided to develop my own Web Log? I had to think about that for a while. Is it because I am narcicistic and want to see my name and thoughts on the Internet spread throughout the world and feel good about it? Is it because I am full of myself? Is it because I am dillusional and think that everybody wants to know what I am thinking? Well, I hope not. Here's why I want to write my own Blog.

All around me, every day, I see people who lack hope. I see a lot of people who have given up on a better future, given in to their illnesses, given up on faith and in the end given up on themselves. Over the years, I have worked with many interesting people. I have learned a lot from people who have struggled and overcome their adversities and I believe that these people and their experiencs have affected and I believe changed me as a person. I have decided to share with anyone who wants to read this, my experiences and what these individuals have taught me with the intent that someone will find HOPE. Hope in a better tomorrow, hope in a better life to come, hope that you will be able to overcome your adversity and ultimately hope that there is something better than this life.

I will share my and other people's experiences, while maintaining the anonymity of these people's identity, as I want to and need to respect their privacy. Names and circumtances will be changed in order to keep the individuals anonymous. My intent is to share the experience, not the person. My intent is also to share the good I have found in people, who normally would not view themselves as having much good to offer.

I look forward to sharing my experiences, my thoughts and my knowledge with you and that hopefully, you will find some insight that will help you find HOPE. I will welcome any feedback, comments, opinions or your own insights, as you see fit.

Take care,
Gilles

Powered By Qumana

1 Comments:

At 8:42 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gilles, I have read your "blogging" and I agree there is a great need to see and share hope and positive thoughts in a day when there is so little of the afore mentioned. I look forward to some positive reading and encouraging stories or thoughts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home